Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Best Birthday Ever!

"Amazing!" is one word I could use to sum up "A Night for Jeffrey". There were over 200 people at Wedgwood Country Club to support our family. We ate yummy food, enjoyed the company of family and friends, won baskets of prizes, danced, and of course drank.
When my sister first mentioned the idea of having a fundraiser for us, Jamie and I weren't sure what we thought. It was a great idea because we knew we'd need the money. We just didn't think our situation merited donations. Now, after the night is all over we don't have to worry about being out of work for 6 months, about wheelchair bills, copays, buying gauze, qtips, tape, saline, paying the mortgage and for our stay in Baltimore,...etc.
Talk about a show of love and selfless giving!! We've received donations from so many people including complete strangers who may have seen it in the paper or who heard it from a friend.
I know that "Thank You" doesn't even begin to express our gratitude but it's a start! My hope is to be able to carry that night with me always and be able to pay it forward to anyone else in need in any way. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
Click here to see posted pics from the night
If you have any pictures, please e-mail them to me. I don't have many pics. I'd love to add more!

No comments:

Post a Comment