Saturday, December 18, 2010

Question Machines

Where have we been? Well, it's been busy around here. I do LOVE to keep up with the blog, however being back to work and busy at home cause me to fall asleep faster than usual.
Jamie and I have decided to rename our children, jointly. Their new name(s) are "WhoWhatWhenWhereWhy?" It's like a new game/hidden camera show they play. How many questions can we ask mom and dad before one of them literally explodes??
Jack and Jeffrey are fans specifically of the words "what" and "why".
I came close to losing it last night when Jeff was in the car with me. We had just gone to Walgreens to pick up Jack's meds (for his 1st official ear infection of the season) and Jeff wanted a lollipop. No problem, we get the meds, my debit card, the receipt and the lollipop. All Jeffrey cares about is holding his lollipop. I hand it to him and begin our drive home. I pull over about a minute later only to begin to freak out about not finding my debit card.
From the moment I slowed down, Jeff's questions began. "Why are we stoppin? What kind of lollipop is this? Why aren't we going home? Why did you stop the car? Where are we? Is this a shortcut?" My patience was long thrown out the window when I tried my hardest to quiet him down. "Jeffrey,...dear,...please stop asking me questions. I am trying to find my debit card."
"What's a dennit card? Why did you lose it?" GGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment